Tuesday, September 29, 2020

It's lovely in Lakeside in September

Beautiful walk along the lakefront this morning about 7:30 a.m. I stopped to talk to a woman who's been coming to Lakeside for 71 years, which makes me who's been coming for only 46 years, a newcomer. I had just noticed the real estate sign in front of the lovely traditional 2-story cottage, cross gable with wrap around porch at 2nd and Poplar. It's a classic, well over 100 years old. I hope Lakeside doesn't allow it to be torn down. When my husband was on the design/review committee it would have been safe. But there's so much money now in Lakeside, it has a 2 or 3 tier system of rules, like most places. Money talks and it says, "I want my own way."

Also during my morning lakefront walk I met and woman and child at Perry Park and tennis courts with a Labradoodle black and white puppy. It had the curls of the poodle and the "I love everyone let me jump on you" friendliness of the Lab. I thought of the Greens, friends of our son Phil, who've just had the joy of a litter. Both sire and dam were Labradoodles.

Lots of building going on. Two new houses in the Elm and 2nd area, and the playground is gone, I suppose a donor has come up with something spectacular. Another home on the lakefront is getting an extreme make-over, the porch is gone, but it looks like it will be replaced.

2nd and Elm
2nd and Cherry
Lakefront
2nd and Lynn

No comments: