Wednesday, February 02, 2022

Year of the Tiger

I saw this painting by Narasimma Balaji, Artist, at Watercolour Sketchers on Facebook. Since this is the year of the Tiger, I asked him if I could post it here on my blog. The Lunar New Year is rung in Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2022, with festivities celebrated by nearly 2 billion people worldwide that can go on for more than two weeks.

  
My college roommate at the University of Illinois is Chinese--her family moved to Brazil to escape the Communists, then she came to the United States as did most of her siblings (I think there were 12).  We still write at Christmas and she and her husband (also an architect and watercolorist like my husband) just recently moved to a retirement apartment after more than 40 years in a beautiful old house.

  

No comments: