Tuesday, November 13, 2007

4321

Small waist, full hips

My husband stuck his head in my office tonight and said, "Did you hear the news? Women with small waists and large hips are smarter. Something about omega3 fatty acids." I thought he was kidding, but the story was on the evening news. Of course, I always sensed that women with my body shape were smart, but I thought maybe they just didn't have as many dates so they stayed in the dorm and studied more. I did both. Studied a lot and dated a lot.
    "In the research, scientists at the Universities of Pittsburgh and California, Santa Barbara, used data from a study of 16,000 women and girls, which collected details of their body measurements and their scores in cognitive tests. They found that those women with a greater difference between the waist and hips scored significantly higher on the tests, as did their children."

    "A number of scientific studies have shown that men are “hard-wired” to find women with a greater waist-hip differential the most attractive. No one has yet been able to explain this, although theories include enhanced fertility, better childbearing abilities and longer life expectancy."
Reported in Evolution and Human Behaviour

1 comment:

Melli said...

:P plllblblph!