Friday, November 30, 2007

Why John Edwards shouldn't be President of the United States

"Edwards became wealthy as a trial lawyer. His craft was therefore derivative: When something happened to someone else, Edwards filed a lawsuit. He then told his client's tale. He made millions doing so. If I were seriously injured as a result of someone else's carelessness, I would consider hiring John Edwards. These are impressive verdicts and settlements.

But I will not vote for him as president. I simply don't trust him. When his lips are moving, I am never quite sure what comes out. It often sounds like callow hyperbole, as in the stumping in New Hampshire.

Edwards' skill is attracting seriously injured clients and then forcing large cash payments from those who caused their injury. That doesn't make him a pioneer in social justice. He's just a very good lawyer who made enough money to cash out and try his hand at being a master of the universe." Norm Pattis

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree with you. You said: "Edwards' skill is attracting seriously injured clients and then forcing large cash payments from those who caused their injury."

His skille is attracting clients and forcing large cash payments from who he feels can pay large cash payments. CP - iatrogenic? I don't think so. PI lawyers are overwhelmingly actors and manipulators of the truth. Not so much lying, but only revealing that which benefits them rather than telling the 'whole truth' as is required by the witnesses they call. (who frakly do the same thing).

No more lawyers in political office. Our president is not a lawyer and he speaks his mind. He may not be as rehearsed and eloquent as a practiced member of the trial bar, but I don't think he is lying every time he talks.

Anonymous said...

Well not you said, but more as you posted. Yes, I know skille should be skill.

I proofread it too. Time for a nap.