Thursday, November 29, 2007

Country Music

Over at America Matters, there's a good post on country music.
    I had the opportunity once again with my family to visit Branson Mo. over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Sure it's a heavily traveled tourist town. But the vibe and feel of the town is what got me. I was re-invigorated by the end of our three day stay. Every show we saw proudly spoke of God and honored our Veterans. Every shop we went to had a patriotic theme. This town wears their love of God and America on its sleeve. This invigorating vibe was every where. I loved it and I feel all is well in America because of it. There is a lot to say about our folks who make up our small towns and who make country music. They are grounded and as real as it gets.

3 comments:

JAM said...

As a kid and a teen, I've been to Branson many times. Mainly before they hit the big time 15 years or so ago and all the country music old timers moved there. It was a great place then and they just couldn't keep up with their traffic. You rarely go there without major road reconstruction going on because it's booming so much.

It's a beautiful part of the country and a fun place. We spent a lot of our time at Silver Dollar City, just outside of town and didn't do the "shows" much. My parents just liked the area and would relax, except for our time at SDC.

Lots and lots of good memories from that area.

Norma said...

It's on my list! Everyone seems to love it.

Anonymous said...

Did you get to see any good Branson shows?