Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 4 large free-range chicken eggs
- 1 tsp light vinegar, (rice, white wine, or apple cider)
- 1 TBS chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups sliced crimini mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, seeds and excess pulp removed, chopped
- 3 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed and excess water removed [I think I would use fresh]
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop onions and garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties.
- Add 1 tsp vinegar to water in a 10-inch skillet.
- While water is coming to a high simmer, in a separate skillet heat 1 TBS broth. Healthy Sauté onion and mushrooms in broth for 3 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently.
- Add tomato, garlic, spinach, salt and pepper and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- When water comes to a high simmer poach eggs for about 5 minutes, or until whites are firm. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and place over spinach mixture.