Saturday, January 12, 2019

Women of the Word Bible Study at UALC

Women of the Word (WOW) Bible Study

Today starts the Saturday group of WOW and I’m planning to attend.  However, I’m also interested in the new knitting group that will be meeting first and third Saturdays, so after attending today perhaps that will be clarified.  I attended the Saturday group for years, just because the group had some continuity, unlike the others that reassemble, mix and match, each new topic. About 5 years ago I got a little bored with the format (video, workbook, discussion, prayer), so I stopped attending.  It still has the same leader, Mary Jo, so I think it’s time to dip my toe in again; I miss the fellowship.

“Join us as we walk through the 10-week study God of Creation, by Jen Wilkin. Revisit familiar stories and historical figures, challenge your deeper meanings in the text enhanced by small group discussion and prayer. Sessions start the week of Jan. 8. Fee is $16 and includes workbook. Register below:

     Tuesdays, 6:45-8:45 pm, Lytham Road (begins 1/8)

     Thursdays, 9:15-11:15 am, Lytham Road (begins 1/10) nursery available

     Thursdays, 12:30-2:30 pm, Mill Run (begins 1/10)

     Saturdays, 9:15-11:15 am, Lytham Road (begins 1/12)

For women age 18 and older. Friends, neighbors and co-workers are invited. Scholarships are available. Contact Christie Masheter, wow@ualc.org.”

No comments: