Monday, February 16, 2004

227 You might be addicted to genealogy if. . .

I saw the following on RootsWeb Review and got a chuckle. Actually, I am related to Blythe Danner, who is a descendant of my Danner ancestors. I’m not sure I have MORE photos of dead relatives than living ones, but I have a lot--and a lot of people I can’t positively identify. Keeping track of the Wengers is a huge problem, but fortunately someone else is doing that, has it on the web and also sells it on a CD and book.
You might be addicted to genealogy if:

--You can't drive past a graveyard without wondering if you have any ancestors buried there.

--You introduce your granddaughter as your descendant.

--You can recite your lineage back 10 generations, but can't remember your nephew's name.

--You have more photographs of dead people than living ones.

--You watch the movie/TV credits roll by to see if any of the surnames are ones you are researching.
[Permission to reprint articles from RootsWeb Review is granted unless specifically stated otherwise, provided: (1) the reprint is used for non-commercial, educational purposes; and (2) the following notice appears at the end of the article: Previously published in RootsWeb Review: Vol. 7, No. 6, 11 February 2004.]




No comments: