Friday, September 09, 2005

1494 On my short list

I'm sure you've got lots of places to send support, but here's a Lutheran church I'm watching, Gloria Dei Lutheran in Houston http://www.gdlc.org/. They've been housing and feeding survivors and rolling with the punches and changes that are thrown their way. Although I've already donated to the Southern Baptists (their web site actually has the Good News) because they're at the forefront of the volunteers, Gloria Dei is on my short list for the second round.

"Our ministry to Katrina survivors changes every day to meet new challenges. Our special thanks to the many volunteers who are meeting with the over 300 people who arrive on our campus every day looking for some kind of help. Various programs have helped many of these folks find housing, now they’re working on jobs, schools, food, furniture, and trying to get accurate information." Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, Houston

I noticed this site at Sherry's Semicolon, a wonderful blog about books.

No comments: