Thursday, September 29, 2005

1555 Why Paula dumped me

She says it was this post that unlinked me from her blogroll. I have my doubts. She's got thicker skin than that. I'm old enough to be her mother and am from northern Illinois where she's from--maybe she's got issues? I've been reading her stuff since pre-blog days. She's a Romance writer--not sure if she's published, but I know someday she'll be rich and famous. Of course, I've never read a romance novel, so how would I know? But she loves what she does and that's part of it. Maybe luck? Possibly. Right time, right place? Follows guidelines? Probably. Most likely after the kids are out of the nest and she has plenty of time to concentrate.

Many writer-wannabes back in the 90s thought the internet would launch their writing careers. I think it eats up their energy and writing juices. The really good ones eventually get published, along with some really awful ones if the Half Price Book Store shelves are telling the truth. Since I have no idea what Paula's real name is, I may never know if I pass up her best seller in the bookstore.

No comments: