Sunday, June 15, 2008

My new computer

Yes, today I hate computers, speaking of hate. I hated them yesterday, too. I hired a college student to connect my new computer--the one I bought in December. I need the guest room, so I had no choice. It just had to get out of the box, off the bed and on to my desk. But I hate it. I hate Vista. I hate Microsoft, I even hate Bill Gates today. It started to transfer, then would quit, so we'd start over. When I opened My Pictures, I had 4 of everything. His face went white when he saw how many people, mostly dead (nearly 4,000), were in my Family Tree Maker. Vista tries to make data pretty; give me smart any day and save the space. We were just about finished when I logged in to get my McAfee from Ohio State. Seems I've downloaded it too often, and I was given a phone number to call. Of course, I've used it too often. My @#$%^&*( laptop fails about every 2 months, and I have to reload everything. I hate computers. They have turned us all into slaves. Then I got a recording that this had happened to the OSU Communications network. I swear, it wasn't me. Wish I'd thought of it, though.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Norma, solve all your problems -- get a Mac -- you will love it!

Norma said...

So I've heard.

Hazel said...

Hi Norma
I'll join you in the "I hate Microsoft" feeling this morning. Computer crashed big-time yesterday and whilst I haven't lost any data a lot of program settings have gone really weird. Don't you know that it's called progress? If it works then change it!

Lady-Light said...

I have been so frustrated with my computer for a long time, but we can't afford to buy a new one yet. I have all but abandoned Internet Explorer (Microsoft's browser) because it is useless: extemely slow in loading, gets 'hung up' and freezes, or crashes periodically.
I have made (Mozilla) Firefox my default browser and downloaded & installed Opera (which I am using now) as well as Apple's Safari.
Each one of them is better, smoother and faster than IE; but I still need a new computer with more memory & a faster drive. (After I get a job...)

Mortart said...

My computer is ancient and needs to be replaced. But when I contemplate the problems that you describe (and the same ones I experienced the last time I acquired a new computer), I'm scared to buy a new one again.