Tuesday, December 30, 2008


Ask a Librarian

As I was leaving Panera's this morning, I told the counter clerk I was having my carpet cleaned today, and I told her the story of my old carpet on Abington looking like new when we were getting ready to sell. The man waiting for his shopping bagful of bagels asked me his name, so I told him, Jim Tuthill, and he asked the clerk for a pencil. Then I told the clerk who had been having a problem with her car and driving a friend's car to work to take it to my son at Jack Maxton Quick Service Plus, and the guy waiting for his bagels wrote that name down too.

Update: Wow. You should see my carpets. This guy is fabulous. We paid him more than he asked for, it looks so good (and because he's so reasonable you can do that). I had triple vacuumed everything yesterday to try to get all the cat hair, but he dug out handfuls of the stuff. And she's just an itty bitty 6.5 lb kitty. The white carpet is white again; the forest green is glowing; and the pale green is pale; and the bright blue is bright. Not much can be done for the stairs--they are carpeted in a brown/white patterned wool, and it is starting to wear. Now imagine all this with brown walls, red walls, orange walls, lemon yellow walls, and bright blue walls the way it was in 2002. And the floral drapes. Oh yes, we were the color clowns--or they, the decorator guys who lived here, were. We looked like HGTV--3 shows worth at least.

No comments: