Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It isn’t me, honest

I found someone on the Internet with my name leaving comments at bars, restaurants and hotels about the quality of food and service over a two year period. She must be quite a traveller and loves to eat and party. I have no idea where Kalamaki or Zante-Town are, but she really likes to go there. Also, it’s not American English. And I wouldn’t order lamb or rabbit.
    We drank here whilst we were on holiday in September. Staff very friendly. We had a breakfast here one morning and it was very nice. Hopefully we will see you the guys again in the future. Iguana Bar Kalamaki

    After reading all the comments we were looking forward to eating here. What a disaster!! My husband had mousakka it was vry sloppy. I had grilled king prawns on a skewer looked very nice until I turned the skewer over and the prawns were burnt. I wanted to send the meals back but my husband did not want to make a fuss. Neadless to say we would not go back to this restaurant. Olive Tree Kalamaki

    On our last visit to Kalamaki this was our favourite restaurant. Unfortunately things have changed. Frozen vegatables rather over grilled sword fish and very very dry Lamb Kleftico. Sorry we will not be eating here again. Zepos Kalamaki

    We had disasterous meal here. The waiter could not speak good english and screwed up the order. Our main meals were ready before our starters arrived. So therefore the main meals were only aired. My son had Rabbit Stamas and it was full of bones. The location is lovely pity about the food. Village Inn Zante-Town

This is the real Norma, at our favorite date place, The Rusty Bucket, a sports bar in Upper Arlington. Not exotic--no prawns, rabbit or lamb on the menu--but I do love their Philly Cheese with fries and my husband loves Gary's 3-way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo!! My favorite couple-looking good...I support Norma's right to bare arms...looking good.

Hobo said...

Norma, Kalamaki is a town in Greece which also explains the lamb and prawns. As for the food in general, I love mousakka and what the Greeks call Village Salad with lots of feta cheese! But do watch out for greek wine. Some of it has a "different" taste acquired from the resin in the barrels.