Sunday, November 29, 2009

Some sing in the shower

Our church, UALC, is using an Advent daily meditation based on Handel's Messiah, written by John Gugel. You can purchase a CD to go with it, or use your own. I have miscellaneous selections from the Messiah, so have been looking up the different selections on YouTube. An amazing variety. One of the most gutsy is this one (Every valley shall be exalted), by a man recovering from a bad cold who appears to be singing in the lavatory off the kitchen. But I also found some really upbeat and jazzy versions by a contemporary (well, 1989) Christian group First Call, as well as a variety of churches which had performed this classic favorite of the season. They are not as polished as the pros, but their devotion and energy is worth watching.

2 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

I don't seem to be able to do daily devotions from a book, but when I have them delivered to my email they work just fine for me. I think I need to go see if I can find one. This devotion looks really good!

Have a very blessed Advent!

clipping path said...

I constantly find your arguments well structured and sensible. I always prefer to read the class and glad I found this thing in you post.