Monday, September 06, 2010

Labor Day Detour

Usually we go to the Upper Arlington Art Show on Labor Day, but this year we'll be at my daughter's home to help with building the deck, the decorating and whatever else needs to be done before our party next Sunday. So I've got some bratwurst grilling on the stove top which I'll reheat there; made some cole slaw with carrots and pineapple; about 2/3 of my pumpkin coffee cheese cake (made without the pumpkin since there's none to be found); and I'll swing by the store for chips and buns.

Not that I didn't know this, but I'm not an "event planner." Oh, I have great ideas 6 months going into it, but as the day draws nearer whether a luncheon, dinner, bridal shower or 50th anniversary party, I lie awake at night thinking about the "what ifs." In this case, where will everyone park. Well, at least we've cancelled the one in Illinois--I've been awake since mid-June. I need some sleep!

No comments: