Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lumpy has passed away

I didn’t see Leave it to Beaver until I was an adult and caught the popular early TV sit com on reruns.  My parents didn’t have a TV until after I went away to college. Interesting observation in this story about the death of one of the Beaver characters, Lumpy who went on to a successful career in business.

Beaver and Wally, and their pals Eddie Haskell and Lumpy Rutherford, were a complete breed apart from today's horrific sitcom children. They didn't mouth off. They were actual kids playing average kids - not secret rock stars or internet moguls. They were always respectful — even if it was fake, as in Eddie's case. Their parents knew more than they did. Their actions had consequences. Failure - in school or on the playing field - wasn't whitewashed with an undeserved "awesome!" and a "participation trophy." There was more reality in an episode of Leave It To Beaver than in an entire season of any given show today.

http://family.lifegoesstrong.com/article/another-leave-it-beaver-death?cmp=&utm_source=OB_LGS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
Another part of "the good ol' days" that I keep bragging up!

Anonymous said...

"Ward I think you should have a talk with the Beaver" How many times I often wondered about what?