Thursday, February 26, 2015

Collard greens soup and baked butternut squash

with a side of black beans and brown rice.  That’s the sort of things I’m eating these days for lunch, along with fat free feta cheese (bleh) and fat free yogurt (also bleh).  (Feta cheese is made with sheep's or goat's milk and it has a bold and tangy flavor. The cheese supplies key vitamins and minerals, but it can also be high in saturated fat and sodium.) The secret to my loosing weight is to not eat things I love and which will encourage my taste buds to ask for more.  I’m a sucker for cheddar cheese, peanut butter, Fritoes and potato chips.  My daughter has been known to accuse me of “grazing” at her house. Also cookies.  Love cookies.  I can avoid candy and cake with no problems. After a week of no weight loss, I finally see a little progress.  I bought a pair of navy slacks Tuesday at VOA for $.50.  They fit great and I think a touch of Lycra and a good brand is the secret to a good fit—like Docker’s or Talbot’s .  I also bought Pendleton blue jeans for $.50 but they are still too tight.  I didn’t know Pendleton even made jeans, but they are awfully nice. About a year ago I had given away all my 8’s and 10’s, so yesterday I took some cotton jeans of various colors and sizes, washed them, and put them in the dryer.  They fit now.  Usually I never put jeans in the dryer.

curriedmustardgreens

It wasn’t curried, but this is a possibility.

No comments: