Monday, January 22, 2018

Why were women marching on January 20?

I had lunch with my friend Nancy at Houlihan’s today and on the way home turned on the radio.  Dennis Prager (talk radio) runs 12-3 p.m. and had been asking for comments about the Women's March of Jan. 20. Interesting—although I didn’t hear it all.

One woman said she is an artist, and she and her husband the only conservatives among their social set and have to be quiet about it. Dennis observed they are "Marranos" (Jews who pretended to be Catholics during the Inquisition). Most of the women she knows went to the march. Dennis' first question was, "Are they happy people." She thought a bit, and said, "Well, they're very well educated, and very deep." "That's not what I asked," he said. "Are they happy?" "No. For some reason they believe they are victims." "Of what?" he asked. "I don't know, and they don't either--I've asked but they turn on me if I ask for facts."  And then she went on.  “Most are not married, or if they are, they don’t have children.”  I think there has been research that single, Democratic women look to the government to take care of them since they don’t have a spouse or children.

Another woman called in who had been on public transportation in DC and watched large numbers of women headed for the march. She observed and heard the obscenities and the gross signs they were carrying. "How can they object to Trump being crude," she asked, "when they are behaving so badly in public?"

No comments: