Thursday, October 24, 2019

Splat! I fell at the library

The death rate from falls among the elderly is increasing, and no one seems to know why. In 2007, the rate of death due to falls was 47 per 100,000. This rate increased to 61.6 per 100,000 in the year 2016. Is it better records, or the baby boomers still taking risks?

I fell today. It wasn't far, and I wasn't hurt, but I sure felt foolish and I don't think anyone saw me. I was at the library which always has a nice display of used books for sale. They are arranged low on 3 shelf book trucks. So I sort of squatted down to get a better look and I tipped over! I kid you not. Splat. I was on the floor. So I sort of rearranged my legs to look like kids do sitting on the floor to browse the books. Of course, then I had to get up from that position! It was a struggle, but I did it. For just $2.00 I got 2 nice books I didn't need.

Update from my 84 year old Lakeside neighbor, Dorothy?

Oh boy, DO I IDENTIFY!!!

Back a few weeks, I fell out of bed trying to get to bathroom, hit my head on nightstand (black eye resulted), happened at 3:30 a.m. SO NO ONE AROUND to SEE. Bleeding profusely from leg wound that scraped metal part on walker which was close to bed (required 9 stitches).  YES, I drove myself to ER, no one ahead of me, got right in - I wasn't about to call 911 & have WHOLE neighborhood awake & asking questions the next day, NO WAY. WAS FUN going thru ALL RED LIGHTS, at 3:30 a.m. NOT MANY OTHERS OUT & NO Police cars IN SIGHT .

No comments: