Monday, July 27, 2020

We bought my birthday present today

I returned some books to the library today and decided to stroll through the new Historical Society store in Lakeside which always has interesting memorabilia and antiques.  I looked through the back room where they store some paintings and prints, and noticed this watercolor.  I continued on and then went back and took a second look.  It wasn't very bright in there so I got down on my knees and could see the OWS after the artist's name.  Ohio Watercolor Society.  Bob has shown in their show but isn't a member--it's really tough to get in. So I took down her name, Cathy Welner, and went home to look her up on the internet.  She's from Akron, is 87, and is still painting.  She has done workshops and videos, so I encouraged Bob to go back with me and look at it.  It's not the style we usually buy, but will look nice in our cottage that has a lot of pink in it.  So he agreed--it was a really nice painting.
  


No comments: