Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Jean and Jeans, pant and pants

 Today I received the February 2023 Talbots catalog.  I shop there at a sale, or when exchanging a gift.  Jeans and pants are a mystery to me, and since I saw only 2 dresses in the catalog, I noted the variety of styles, waists, leg length, hems, and "wash" for the pants.

First I noticed some are called jean and others jeans; some are called pant and others pants.  Not sure of the differences.

Slim ankle jean, with slimming panel

Chic wide leg pant

Wide leg jeans

High waist jeans above waist

High waist relaxed jean in various "wash" colors

Everyday relaxed jeans

Tie waist slim ankle pant

Chino straight leg

Slim ankle jeans with stripe on side

Jegging, button front

Jegging frayed hem

Bristol pant with elastic back waist, pleated front

Chatham ankle pants, side zipper

Soho leggings

Montauk pant flare, pull on elastic waist

Hampshire ankle pant

Everyday stretch straight leg

No comments: