Thursday, November 18, 2004

602 Lighthouse Allure

Everyone it seems, loves a lighthouse. There are numerous sites on the internet devoted to this topic. Here's one with an alphabetic arrangement so I've selected Marblehead, Ohio from which you can see Sandusky. I thought the lighthouse was no longer operational, but the information at this site says it is. It is a popular tourist spot and includes the light keepers house. In October Marblehead celebrates its heritage here with a fall festival. Below is one of my paintings of Marblehead done with q-tips and acrylic paints. It's a fun method--especially if you know you won't be able to get it exactly right anyway, so why not just dab on the paint?




Picnic at Marblehead Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Cindy Swanson said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love your style!

Norma said...

I just read your profile. I think we're sisters.