Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving 2004

Have a happy Thanksgiving. We're having dinner with 5 other people (all adults); my daughter has made four pies, two of them "deep dish." I'm guessing that is about l lb. of pie per person. Two 20 lb. turkeys. She was chopping, slicing and dicing all day yesterday. Time to move the safety pin on my slacks. It is also her birthday week; doesn't seem right that she has spent three days getting ready, and then it will all be over in 30 minutes.

Her sister-in-law has flown in from Denver, and apparently, the Columbus airport had everything running smoothly. She called me from there (I was expecting flight delay stories) to ask if I'd bake another two pies for her. She didn't have enough room for everything. We do pies a little differently, and all I had to do was wipe a little milk on the crust and cover the fluting with foil and put them in the oven according to her written instructions. She makes my organizational skills look like a third grader, so everything came to our house with careful instructions and already made.

Here's one of my stories about my daughter preparing for one of her wonderful dinners.

1 comment:

Twylah said...

Thanks for linking your story, Norma -- it was hilarious! :)