Saturday, November 20, 2004

604 Prayer Job Jar for this coming week

The actual, physical ceramic jar hasn't come to my attention yet--I'm keeping my eyes open, though. This week, the jar includes:

For Paula, having surgery, a speedy recovery
For Shoe, doctors who have wisdom, kindness and skill, and staff who call back promptly
For Gayle, the perfect home buyer
For Highland School, continued blessings from God
For UALC, Gospel message for all 10 services
For Phil, a church home
For our neighbor Mary, as she prepares to move
For Esther, a man of her mother's dreams
For our family members celebrating birthdays, thankful that it is no longer the 80s
For those suffering loss and abandonment, God's touch through friends, family and neighbors
For those with dementia and Alzheimers, a joyful sense of God's presence that goes beyond a tangled mind
For school teachers, stamina, love, and understanding
For our President, wisdom, strength, faithfulness, love, purpose, sound judgement and right stewardship of his office.

2 comments:

Esther Kustanowitz said...

Aww. Thanks...but I've already met the man of my mother's dreams several times over. What I'm missing is the many of MY dreams...

But the idea of a prayer jar, and the sentiment of your including me, is much appreciated.

Paula said...

Thank you, Norma. I appreciate that.