Friday, November 26, 2004

616 GOP Elephant Christmas Ornament

Someone has sent me an offer for a patriotic Christmas tree ornament.


No thanks. Posted by Hello

Well, Christmas trees aren't a religious symbol, being a carry-over from a pagan custom for a different holiday, but since we've more or less thrown holy water on it all these years to keep it green, I'd rather not make it even more secular with a Republican elephant bearing gifts.

Update: I checked on the artist. He is Christopher Radko, and his website shows many special issue ornament used as fund raisers. There is also a donkey ornament with gifts and a John Kerry ornament as well as a George Bush ornament. They cost between $40-$50.

3 comments:

Paula said...

LOL! That is the ugliest thing!

Norma said...

If this were your craft, wouldn't you be embarrassed? I'm betting it was designed here and then outsourced to Lesotho or Namibia. Help those 3rd World countries; buy an elephant.

How's your novel coming? "Hey everyone, Paula's writing a novel in 30 days."

Paula said...

I hit 50K yesterday, Norma! But the finished novel has to be 100K, so I still have a lot of work left to do.