Tuesday, March 08, 2005

882 Never heard of him

Yesterday I printed off a copy of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights planning to read them at coffee sometime this week when I finish the other reading on my to-do list. Because of reading so many blogs, I see a lot of trash talking and nonsense about the constitution--or at least I think I do. It's been a long time since senior history class and it's entirely possible I was a typical teen-ager more interested in getting together with my friends than I was in reading American history. What got me interested yesterday was watching the program on C-SPAN (streaming video) about the statues of the men who worked on it (see my comments at 876). I wish other interviewers would learn a few lessons from Brian Lamb.

Speaking of the constitution and interviews, I saw Mark Levin interviewed on Neil Cavuto's show. I'd never heard of him, but sounds like he has an interesting book.

"Radio talk-show listeners know Mark R. "F. Lee" Levin well. President of the Landmark Legal Foundation, Levin is a frequent guest on/fill-in host on the Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity shows. He's also got his own show on weeknights in New York (WABC). But his first love is the Constitution, and that's the focus of his new book, Men in Black: How the Supreme Court Is Destroying America. In Men in Black, Levin gives a brief, accessible history of judicial activism and offers possible solutions to curb it." NRO Interview

I wish political writers of both the right and left could use less inflammatory subtitles, but maybe that's what sells. Spill your guts on the cover.

No comments: