Monday, May 23, 2005

1067 Paula said, Just do it

She isn’t bothering with tagging, so here goes. If you want, go ahead.

A) Total number of books I've owned: I have no idea, but it’s probably in the thousands. We’re trying to get back a 36” 7 shelf unit we loaned out a few years back. For years I hung on to practically every textbook I’d owned--gradually with time they’ve slipped out the door to book sales. I have to keep moving them out, usually donating, so I can bring more in, also usually from book sales. Plus, I have many of my grandmother’s and some of my great grandfather’s. Oldest is around 1840, The Economy of Human Life. I still have my first book, The Ugly Duckling by Hans Christian Andersen, and my first Bible, a Christmas gift from my parents.

B) The last book I bought: Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow

C) The last book I read: Answer in B, and since I’m leading a discussion on it, I’ll probably keep reading and re-reading.

D) 5 books that mean a lot to me:
Holy Bible, NIV
The Story of English
War Record of Mount Morris
11th edition, Encyclopedia Britannica
How the Irish Saved Civilization

E) Tag five people to do this exercise. If you’ve read this, you’re it.

Blogger is sooo slow tonight, and all the comments are disabled on sites I've visited, so I'm taking a short cut. S'Okay?

No comments: