Saturday, January 06, 2007

3341 Common errors in English

Oh, I'm in heaven. I could spend all day at this site. I've already learned you shouldn't say make a "360 degree turn" because then you'd be right back where you started. Instead, it's 180 degrees that gets you in an opposite spot--if you're making new year's resolutions, or something.

I saw this at Now Norma Knits another fabulous knitting site. I think knitting blogs are some of the most attractive and interesting in the blogosphere. And here's another Norma with strong opinions. It must go with the name.

And yes, I did make a New Year's resolution, and maybe 2 are still percolating as possibilities. I announced this at my other blog (2nd blog, but I have 10), but I'll reveal it here, since it is now day 6 and I've kept it this long. I am reading the One Year Bible (NIV translation). Each day you get an Old Testament and New Testament passage, a Psalm passage, and some verses from Proverbs.

No comments: