Monday, January 08, 2007

3347 Go Bucks--but learn to spell

Yesterday at the coffee shop someone had written on the children's blackboard in the back of the shop:

" 'Gator meat tastes like WOLFERINE."

Here is a photo of a wolverine, a member of the weasel family and the Michigan mascot. According to their website, no one knows how the school got that name, although there are some interesting theories. Wild wolverines do not exist in Michigan. Although they've been known to get wild when they visit Columbus.


If I were a betting woman, or if I even followed football, I'd say OSU by at least two touchdowns.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tend to agree with your prognostication here.

I've watched Florida play a few times this year, and without exception wondered, "How did they manage to win that game?"

The two times I watched OSU play this year, I was in awe. Like a machine that just chews up and spits out opponents.

I work with LOTS of Florida graduates, and also a handful of OSU graduates. I'm pulling for OSU, if only because I don't want to hear the crowing of the Florida graduates I work with. I don't want to listen to that for a whole year until someone else wins the title.

The schools I have degrees from, University of Louisiana-Monroe, and Louisiana Tech are in no danger of EVER winning a football national championship, so whoever wins tonight, I won't lose any sleep.

Susan said...

I hate to admit I was so, so happy Michigan lost in the Rose Bowl. Arrogance punished! [To top it off, they couldn't even "win one" for Bo (Schembechler) or Jerry (President Ford)

I going to have to ignore the OSU/ Florida game as it is. I finally got my very own OSU sweatshirt with a gift card and when my husband saw it he had a fit!!!

I never knew he was such a MICHIGAN fan before this. He said he was being "polite" before.

Anonymous said...

Go Bucks!! We'll be watching and rooting:)

Norma said...

When my husband came to bed before the game was over, I knew things weren't looking good for the Bucks. 41-14. Sad time in the old town tonight. Buckeye fans are not good losers. Those of us who call ourselves Illini--now we are good at it!