Monday, January 22, 2007

3392 A spanking law proposed

Democratic assembly woman of California, Sally Lieber, wants an anti-spanking law. As near as I can tell, she has no children, but is a "guardian" of a cat which is very smart. What do you want to bet she believes in "a woman's right to choose" and all sorts of animal rights. OK to kill the little duffers if it's inconvenient for them to be born, but not swat their bottoms if they're smacking another kid in the head with a shovel on the playground. I just love the consistency of liberals, don't you? Spanking bill

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can we rely on the good sense of the party that saw "Sanctity of Life Day" on the same day that dozens of people died for no reason in Iraq?

Do babies need to be born because God commands it or because the President needs cannon fodder?

Anonymous said...

Don't you love the brave people who post anonymously with their ridiculous ideas?

Guess there's one in every crowd. Shame.

Anonymous said...

So was it the Iraq War or Sanctity of Life day that didn't happen, leading to my ridiculous ideas?

Ha ha. Soldiers not dying. Families intact and safe. That's me. A real card.

Anonymous said...

Ms. Lieber apparently explained her support for the non-spanking bill by saying that her veterinarian told her never to hit a cat. Well, as the "mother" of three cats myself, sometimes a cat needs to be brought in line by physical means.

For example, one of my cats got into the habit of trying to get into the refrigerator to look for food. Now if I had not seen her and had accidentally shut the door on her, she would have suffocated within minutes. So I devised a little trick: I got a squirt bottle and waited for the cat to approach the fridge. Now as soon as she put her little nose to the bottom drawer, I squirted her full-blast on the face with water. Now that's like a "spanking" to a cat. Needless to say, she never tried to get into the fridge again.

So moral of the story: if I love my cat enough to keep her from hurting or killing herself, don't I owe it to a child, for instance, who tries to run into a busy street?

Emilia Liz (emilia_e_murphy@yahoo.ca)