Saturday, March 19, 2011

Don't send me money

Today I received an e-mail from a Facebook friend asking for money--she was stranded in England. Of course, it was a scam, and I had heard of this one, so I notified the group of which we are members. She wasn't even aware of it, but is taking steps to correct it.

So, if you get an e-mail from me asking you to send money, don't do it. I would never ask, plus after getting deathly ill on my last two transatlantic flights, I don't plan any trips across the pond.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought you gave up FB for Lent.

Norma said...

I did. The hacker used the e-mail addresses of HER friends to send the message to our e-mail locations, not Facebook. Then I went to FB and warned people about the scam. Thank you for being so concerned about my spiritual life.

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
Not to worry. I don't send money to anyone. Never did!