Sunday, June 26, 2011

Why would you pirate a book? Are you a thief?

'Go the (Blank) to Sleep': A Bedtime Reality (WSJ)



But the topic, getting kids to sleep, puzzles me too. Our children, now 43 and 42, where NEVER a problem at bedtime, which was about 7 p.m. After supper, we kept things very low key, read quiet stories, gave them a warm bath, said prayers, sometimes played records (remember those?) and listened to their concerns of the day. I used to listen to horror stories of bedtime, and scratch my head. It was one of the most pleasant hours of the day at our house.

2 comments:

Paula said...

Well, you were just lucky. I did the low-key routine, but one of my daughters was difficult for a few years, while the other always fell asleep easily -- and stayed asleep.

Norma said...

Yes, I suppose it depends on the child, but in everything else they were polar opposites.