Saturday, April 21, 2012

State of Denial and Obama's wars

I never read Woodward's State of Denial about Bush--one time I saw 15 copies on the shelf of my public library--don't know how many they owned. But UAPL helped him become very rich. Today I saw one for sale (from the library) for 90 cents at the Volunteers of America book section. So I checked Woodward's Obama's Wars at the PL catalog (a horrible system, btw). 5 copies. One checked out. Woodward was a little premature--Obama has expanded his wars since Wooward researched that book and is still going. I don't think that one has done as well--probably not enough libraries buying it. Public librarians are 223:1 Democrat to Republican (in 2004). It affects what they buy, and what you read, and what you come to believe about candidates and presidents.

No comments: