Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grandpa, tell me ‘bout the good old days

Grandpa, everything is changing fast
We call it progress
But I just don't know
And Grandpa, let's wander back into the past
And paint me the picture
Of long ago

The New Left of the 60s and 70s is the parent and grandparent of today's Occupiers making a mess in Chicago, Boston and New York.  Instead of Vietnam, they are protesting NATO, or anything else that isn’t nailed down. What they have in common is the belief that evil is outside man, somewhere out there in society, and if they scream and yell and march enough, they might be able to come up with a plan. It seemed to work for Bill Ayers, who bombed some buildings in his youth as a member of the Weather Underground, and then after obtaining a cushy tenured position at the U. of Ill. helped groom a president.

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/11/books/no-regrets-for-love-explosives-memoir-sorts-war-protester-talks-life-with.html?pagewanted=all

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/167989/bill-ayers-unrepentant-lying-terrorist-andrew-c-mccarthy#

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
I often wished my grandchildren would have asked me about "the good old days". The 50's and 60's were wonderful. I'm afraid now they will never no how good it can be.

Norma said...

Take them out for dinner and tell them -- why did you wait for them to ask?

Anonymous said...

Murray sez:
I never meant to imply that I never tried.