Friday, June 08, 2012

Today’s lecture tools

When I went to college in the 1950s and 1960s, and even later when I returned to make up a math class I didn’t have as an undergrad, or a refresher in reference titles so I could ease back into my career in the 1970s, we had face to face interaction with the instructors/professors.  Even in very large lectures, there was a human being.  Overwhelming, most of my classes were small, both in foreign languages (my undergrad major), and in library science (my master’s degree).

Today I saw an advertisement at OSUToday for LectureTools:

“LectureTools student iPad app allows students to relay feedback to their instructor in real-time during lecture. With larger screens than smartphones and smaller footprints than laptops, many students are beginning to tote iPads to class and many institutions are experimenting with iPad initiatives.”

Don’t even need raise your hand.  If you’re shy or autistic, no problem.  Be as silent as you want.

No comments: