Thursday, June 21, 2012

Too short to blog

Idioms. "Expecting a baby." It's already a baby. "Going to be a mother." Already a mother. "With child." Now you're catching on.

Sandals.  I have owned many, but they rarely fit well.  My “best” pair is over 12 years (summers) old, and the sole on the right foot separated on Sunday.  I bought some super glue.  On hold for now. Cost is no object (these were $5.00), comfort is.

Kitty.  Is not eating well again (refer you back to August 2011).  So we’re using appetite stimulants, baby food, and lots of variety.  But when you have a cat that doesn’t like fish of any flavor or species, the selection is limited.

Shams. I bought a pillow sham with 2 stylized cats on it for 26 cents at Volunteers of America that had colors matching my couch in my office.  I put a pillow in it—the cat loves it. So I went back and got the other one, also 26 cents.

Glasses. I picked up my new glasses on Tuesday.  Not very different than the 2008 style.  It’s too expensive to get a second pair at the optometrist’s or to even have new lenses for old frames (wanted $228), but I can get a wide selection at Wal-Mart for $79.

Education. About 50 years ago the Supreme Court decided that American children didn't need prayer or Bible reading in public schools. In their place we now have metal detectors, armed guards and classes on using condoms.

Ears. When I was about 35, I thought about getting my ears pierced. Still thinking. . .

Blueberry biscuits.  I made this.  Wasn’t as good as I expected, but ate it anyway.  Do you ever do that?

Blueberry Cream Biscuits 3

I have no idea what happened. “The OCLC Board of Trustees has concluded that rather than moving forward with the appointment of Jack B. Blount as its President and CEO, it is in the best interest of OCLC to have Jay Jordan continue serving in these capacities. Mr. Jordan has agreed to postpone his retirement to continue leading OCLC.”

2 comments:

mdoneil said...

I use zenni optical (zenni.com) for my 2nd and 3rd and 4th pairs. They start at ten dollars.

My optometrist checked them and they match my prescription exactly.

Norma said...

Thanks, I'll look into that. Never thought of online.