Monday, October 07, 2013

Don’t read or buy this book

I thought it was just me that had a problem with "The Great Controversy, past, present, future; how it will end." Don't bother to buy it, or even accept it as a gift.  It's being advertised on Glenn Beck.  First, it's so anti-Catholic, Martin Luther could have written chapter 3, "An era of spiritual darkness,"; second, it was written by a 7th Day Adventist woman, Ellen G. White,  in the 19th century, which isn't a good sign considering the number of Christian cults founded by women; third, some sources say large sections are plagiarized (although what difference that would make I don't know); fourth, Christians squabble over several different millennial theories and I think this is post-tribulation historical with 7th day accoutrements ending with guidelines from an 1880s newspaper, since White is one of the founders.  I'm not into that stuff myself, believing Jesus is coming back.  Period.

No comments: