Sunday, June 02, 2024

Michelle Malkin, what happened to her

 I enjoyed her writing and her feistiness. I wondered what happened to her. Today I came across her last column--published October 25, 2022. This is just part of it. I suspect something similar has happened to Candace Owens, who has disappeared after her dust up with Ben Shapiro. '-30-': An Ending, but Not the End, by Michelle Malkin - The Unz Review

"Because of my peacefully expressed reporting, opinions and speeches, my family has been punished and stigmatized, my reputation tarnished and my voice squelched. It’s not “big government” that waged this war on my career. It’s a constellation of vindictive wrongthink police in the private sector, from the Southern Poverty Law Center and Anti-Defamation League, to foreign newspapers and moneyed interests that have no business influencing American politics, to “conservative” swamp creatures and profiteers such as Bill Kristol, Jonah Goldberg, Mona Charen and Ben Shapiro, and even to former colleagues at the Fox News Channel, which blacklisted me several years ago and told a friend of mine who was a guest on Tucker Carlson’s show not to say my name after antifa rioters had attacked me and others on stage at a Back the Blue rally in Denver a few years ago. (My friend ignored the warning. God bless him.)

I have no regrets. As Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 4:7, “I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith.” I remain thankful to every single reader over the last three decades, and I will be eternally inspired by all the patriots I’ve profiled over the years — especially the ordinary parents, whistleblowers, citizen journalists and activists who have sacrificed far more than I for their truth-seeking and truth-telling."

P.S. Normally, I wouldn't use Unz Review for anything.  As "alternative" press it's also allowing vicious, hateful anti-Semitism, but I think it's the only place I saw her column.

 

No comments: