Tuesday, October 04, 2005

1583 Google's new blog finder

Google has a new feature whereby you can find blogs by the blogger's name, or topic. I tried it with my name and then my name + a topic and found it very easy to use. http://blogsearch.google.com. However, it also makes it easier for the blog spammers to be target specific. These are the "Hi, great blog. Come and visit mine on [your topic]. So I'll have to add the stronger filters to the comments. My topical blogs are all getting hit, Coffee Spills, Hugging and Chalking, Church of the Acronym. In the Beginning does not get comments. What are they going to say? It's my hobby and I'll blog about journals if I want to!

Not all bloggers use their own name, so that's where the topic helps. The results when I entered "Norma library" were pretty good. Also found a few librarian blogs I hadn't seen before that I'll check out. It also picks up "normal" and I certainly am that, right?

No comments: