Saturday, June 03, 2006

2536 What starts with C?

I saw this over at Send Chocolate--write about 10 things that start with the letter C. She didn't tag me, but I'm ready for a nap, so here goes.

C is such an excellent letter and has to work very hard with several different sounds, such as K and S and CH. Imagine a concrete cellar chute. I couldn't decide if I wanted adjectives or nouns, so I used a little of both.

1. Christian faith. And I'll toss in here church family, church attendance, church service--because it's a package deal. I blog about this at Church of the Acronym.
2. Cherished family and friends. Husband, kids, siblings, their families, new friends, old friends.
3. Collection of books. A house full. And libraries too, of course.
4. Condo community. We love our "new" place--moved here 4 years ago, and still seems new.
5. Choices and challenges. Retirement has been much more fun than I thought. I haven't missed working at all, even though I loved my job.
6. Choir practice and concerts. This is totally new for me--we made a CD this week.
7. Church volunteer opportunities. Gets me out and about--keeps me from becoming too self centered.
8. Cat on my lap. She's a sweety. Nothing is more relaxing than watching a cat take a nap.
9. Computer creativity. Love to read and explore. Have 8 blogs.
10. Creek in the back yard that attracts ducks, birds and deer. What a lovely view.
11. Contentment with my life.
12. Constitution of the United States. It's just awesome. Amazing that they could have created something so sound, yet flexible.
13. Comfortable lifestyle.
14. Couch potato. Yes, I do a bit of that. Like to nap with the TV on. With the cat.
15. Convictions. You betcha. They're all here for you to read.
16. Chronicles. I print out my blogs. Don't trust pixels.
17. Capitalism. It has its flaws, but provides the best for the most.
18. Chautauqua. We have a summer home Lakeside, OH, a chautauqua community.
19. Chocolate peanut butter ice cream for dessert tonight on the deck while the
20. Cottonwood trees are blowing their seeds all over our ice cream.

If you want to play, I think the instructions were for 10--I got carried away. Consider yourself tagged.

No comments: