Friday, June 09, 2006

2554 Territorial rights

My cat as gradually been spending more time in my office today. Now that I have on my black skirt (going out for dinner tonight), she's decided on my lap. The problem was, well, puppy pee. Yes, little Abby had a few bladder issues yesterday. I mean that is a very big incision, and she was unhappy at being left in a strange place (although she knows me, it has been a traumatic week for her). I'm strongly hoping my cat doesn't decide to reclaim her territory by marking it.

Over at Librarian's Guide to Etiquette, there is a suggestion for librarians who have this problem. I think it might have merit.

2 comments:

American Daughter said...

I see that you are one of those fortunate ladies who work at their keyboard by reaching around a cat.

Fortunately, the F and J keys have raised bumbps, so you can tell by the feel when your fingers are in the right place.

Many folks believe this was intended to assist the blind...but no. It is for those of us who have cats.

I am also one of those who is blessed with such a companion. I write my weblog without actually seeing the keyboard, while reaching around a large, un-neutered,adult,male,opinionated Siamese cat.

wandi said...

You know that black and anything does not go so well.Especially a precious cat. That is why lint brushes were invented. I hope you have one or more of them around to collect the fur. Happy friday. Enjoy your night out.