Saturday, June 03, 2006

2538 New Wal-Mart Super Store

The Lakeside Coffee 'n Cream wasn't open this week-end (season hasn't started yet), so this morning I drove out to Bassett's for my morning coffee (it's a lovely store with a great coffee shop). As I was parking, I glanced over at the Wal-Mart because I had planned to stop there later. It was gone! Not the building, but the store. I don't know why I didn't notice it last week. So I asked the coffee shop clerk, and she said there was a new Super Store a mile down the road. So I visited there after I made a few purchases.

I walked up and down the aisles finding things I didn't know I needed. Then I saw something in ladies' lingerie that just amazed me, but did answer a few things I'd been wondering about. Low-riding, hip-hugger knee-length girdles. Think about that. If a woman needs a girdle to squeeze into her low slung slacks or hip hugger jeans, and the shirt short, that girdle is going to push her belly up and over, isn't it? I'm just saying, where's a gut going to go? I thought they just had a rollover when I saw that, but now I know they had help.

No comments: