Monday, April 09, 2007

3672

Monday memories

Easter memories.

30 years ago

Cheating just a bit here--these memories are from yesterday, Easter Sunday 2007. We all met at church. Usually my children aren't sitting side by side, and I learned in a memory flash back, some things never change. Lots of poking and whispering and giggling. Next year, I separate them! The choir was fabulous and although the sanctuary was packed, communion moved quickly. Pastor Paul suggested, encouraged, reminded us--let there be someone in next year's Easter service who is there because we invited them to church during the year and they met Jesus.

After church we came back to our house where everything was ready for dinner--but needed a little prep. Because of my daughter's DVT, my son was appointed the kitchen helper and she was ordered to the lounge chair to put her legs up. So he was putting the ice in the glasses, and the hot and cold dishes on the table. I kept shooing everyone else out. In a small kitchen, one helper is enough.

Although Ohio's weather didn't cooperate, I had a dinner to welcome warm weather and things to come. We had
honey baked ham
(gift of my son-in-law's father)
baked beans
corn on the cob
fresh strawberries
potato salad
relish tray
hot rolls
sugar free pumpkin cheesecake
(from my daughter)
Easter basket for each person
(made by my daughter)

1 comment:

sallywrites said...

That made me giggle, the thought of your daughter and son aged 40 something, still misbehaving! Makes me think that we are obviously just normal with our squabbling teensagers!!

Hope your daughter gets better soon!

Sally