Wednesday, April 11, 2007

3689

Katie Couric

The other day I realized I'd almost completely stopped watching TV. I used to catch Book-TV on week-ends, Fox News occasionally in the evenings, HGTV once in awhile. Boston Legal if I was up late. Maybe 10 minutes of Dancing with the Stars. WOSU Antiques Roadshow.

Gone. The thrill is gone. I think it is Katie. I really do. Tonight I walked into the living room as she was interviewing the parents of one of the young men from Duke who've just been through the worst nightmare a parent could imagine. I almost gagged. I whined. Complained. She and the other talking heads contributed to this mess. Stalked out of the room. Then it hit me. She's the reason. Katie has permanently turned me against TV.

She always looks like she's sincerely speaking at a wake; she asks asinine questions; her voice is like fingernails on a blackboard; her wardrobe looks like they dressed her from my own closet. Please. Send her home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep ... she's the media version of Hillary Clinton, don't you think?

that's what I've always thought of her anyway.

Norma said...

Actually, I like Hillary better. She has a bit more life and animation, a little fire in the belly. But Couric?