Wednesday, April 25, 2007

3748

Crow droppings #3

Sheryl Crow now says it was a joke, but at least it got people talking about global warming. When I first heard it, I thought she was joking. Then I realized liberals have no sense of humor, no irony, nor does it bother them to set rules and standards for others which they never intend to follow (Barbra Striesand's SUVs, Rosie O'Donnell's potty mouth discussing appropriate behavior or gun control, et al) because they have wealth and employ a lot of people who tend to their every personal and transportation need.

I think Sheryl's joke backfired. It did get everyone talking, yes, even other liberals, but about how silly some of the global warming advocates are. Now if we could just get people to wise up about lightbulbs, bio-fuel, and weather patterns over time maybe we won't have to suffer from more disastrous outcomes like the Carson-induced malaria deaths.

2 comments:

JAM said...

I still don't believe she was joking. I think the explanation that it was a joke is damage control. Nothing about the situation leads me to believe she was anything other than serious abouth the one square rule.

That's just me though.

Chelf said...

I live in OKC, and found your blog by hitting the "Next Blog" button. I like. I am sure to be back by.

One of our morning talk radio guys, a personal friend of mine, said on the air that we should go to Sheryl's blog, and print the page where she said people should use one square, and use THAT PAGE as our one square. We got a great laugh out of that.