Thursday, November 10, 2005

1753 No more stories about Mitford

Jan Karon, 68, is leaving Mitford with her latest in the series, "Light from Heaven." And I haven't read the first one yet, "At Home in Mitford," although I've borrowed it. After awhile, I suppose, a character, even one like Father Tim, must move on. She's not killing him off, just changing locations. I used to think that about "Murder She Wrote." You sure wouldn't want to be that woman's relative--they were always on trial for something. After awhile, Jessica just ran out of cousins and neighbors in trouble and the series had to have her traveling more.

That's how my newest blog, Memory Patterns, will be. Eventually, I'm going to run out of material (pun), because it is based on various sewing projects and patterns combined with photos from my albums. At the rate I'm writing, I should not have left a spool of thread or a scrap of fabric unturned by Christmas. Then I'll print it out, pass it around to relatives, and eventually shut it down. Print on paper is really the only way to preserve your memories and photos, much as we might like to think digital is the end all, be all, of communication.

No comments: