Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Just having fun--miscellaneous photos

Being an architect, my husband takes mainly photographs of buildings--over 700 this trip. A few slip-ups--here are some of people and animals.

With Dottie on Mars Hill

Resisting in one of the approved shopping sites

Gene, also an architect, inspecting the softness and quality of Turkish rugs, while the rest of bus 5 boldly looks on

Clothing contrasts in Turkey, the traditional woman

and the modern teen-agers

Our neighbors and fellow members of UALC on the Sea of Galilee

Mentors and friends for over 30 years

At the Church of All Nations

At the foot of a pyramind, early for the peace demonstration

Always, always listen to your tour guide. Don't even make eye contact. This guy stole 50 euro from us.

Joyce and I window shopping in Cairo before the stores opened. The painted sign probably says SALE!

Cairo Kitties waiting for lunch. I think there were 7 or 8 in that bin.

Some in our group used the hotel pool; some just used it for drinks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Read your posts about the trip. I have been to almost every place you mention, although not in one trip. Greece and Turkey once and Israel a year ago November. I am sorry you were ill over food. I have not had that problem since my first European trip when a trip though Spain did me in. I do watch what I eat and never suspicious looking food. I enjoyed a trip to Ephesus years ago but have seen similar ruins and theaters elsewhere, even in Israel. I would love to go to Egypt someday but so far it has not happened. My trip to Isarel was outstanding although as opposed to yours it had a definite Jewish emphasis although some folks of the total of four buses were Christian. That trip was not a cruise but the one to Greece and Turkey was. I did not make it to Nazareth and Bethlehem although I could have arranged that. E.