Wednesday, April 07, 2010

What makes this Census different?

Michelle Malkin, after filling in "American" in place of race says:
    "So, what makes the Obama census campaign different from other census programs? First, its naked, left-wing special interest pandering. The White House is championing a “Queer the Census” movement by pro-gay marriage groups, for example, and the Commerce Department is working with open-borders leaders who want to use the census as leverage to stop all immigration raids.

    The electoral stakes are high. Some $400 billion in federal funding and, most importantly, the apportionment of congressional seats are up for grabs. Instead of straightforward enumeration of the American population, Obama and the left’s identity politics-mongers are turning the $1 billion, taxpayer-subsidized census public relations drive into a government preferences lobbying bonanza."
Full article here.

2 comments:

Ladybug Crossing said...

I got the long form which I filled out and returned. Then I got another long form, which I tossed into the trash. THEN I got the short form, which I filled out and returned.
How many times are they going to count my house???

Norma said...

We have a home in a summer community and my husband just happened to go there in March for a meeting. Every house had a census form hung on the door. The owners won't even find them until the end of May. Think of all the summer communities with lonesome census packages hanging on door knobs.