Friday, April 30, 2010

Sanitizer on my shoe

Given a choice, soap and water is a much more effective way to fight germs than a hand sanitizer. However, I keep a small pump bottle of the alcohol hand cleaner in the cup holder of my van for quick clean ups. The last time I bought one the pump top wouldn't unscrew and my empties were the wrong size. This morning at the store I passed the shelf with the hand cleaners and I picked one up to put in the cart. But I wasn't going to be fooled, so I tested the top to see if it would unscrew. It did--getting a small amount on my hand. So I attempted to screw it back down, and a small amount squirted to the floor, so I tried again, and a giant splat hit my shoe. Well, I don't know if it kills 68% of common bacteria, but it will certainly take the shine off your shoe!

Washing Hands With Soap vs. Hand Sanitizer: Which Is Better? - ABC News

No comments: