Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Reince, Keynes and McCain's--a poetry challenge

Reince (pronounced rains) Priebus and John Keynes (pronounced canes) and John McCain's are words that rhyme. I just can't come up with a poem that would include the head of the GOP, a deceased British economist, and a US Senator. I hear from Reince just about twice a week asking me for money--as head of the GOP, and apparently a very bright fellow who grew up in Wisconsin. John Maynard Keynes is the Brit who thought and taught it's OK to spend money you don't have, and he's given us Keynesian economics currently digging a hole for our grave. Then there's John McCain's candidacy that caused us such grief in 2008, but which brought us the lovely Sarah Palin.

Let me noodle that for awhile, as Paula would say.

2 comments:

Paula said...

:) I've been thinking about this off and on. The names seem to lend themselves to a limerick, but I can't think of anything funny. Limericks need to be funny. There seems to be a play on words lurking in there ... praying for rain (Reince), in the desert of McCain... I don't know. Sorry!

Norma said...

Drains, plains, planes, explains, sprains, cranes, trains, feigns, reins, reigns, rains, grains, . . .it's not coming.